Before this Christmas I think I had tried egg nog once in my life, and I remember hating it. But despite that experience I decided to try almond nog this year and I’m so glad I did. I’d had a couple glasses of it while cooking Christmas dinner when I realized I could make it so much better. So I looked up a couple recipes on Pinterest to check if egg nog martinis were even a thing, and then just decided to wing it with things we had on hand. And thus, my favourite new Christmas cocktail was born.
Almond Nogg Vodka Martinis (vegan)
- 1/2 ounce vanilla vodka
- 1/4 ounce vermouth
- 1 splash pure vanilla extract or artificial
- 3/4 cup so fresh almond nogg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 tbsp black coffee
- 1 handful ice cubes
- Combine vanilla vodka, vermouth and pure vanilla extract in a one ounce shot glass. Pour into martini shaker.
- Add almond nogg, cinnamon, nutmeg and black coffee.
- Add a handful of ice cubes to the shaker, cover, and shake.
- Pour through the filter (without the ice) and serve in a martini glass.